Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A post in which it is another day in Paradise - not

At this point I have woken up feeling bad for so long that I just automatically take two Ibuprofen first thing in the morning.

I got to work with my new instructions, and did Canada's numbers. I sent them off for approval with satisfaction, and started working on my month-end and audit. I was setting things up and knocking them down when I got the rejection of my latest attempt at pleasing that (^%$&###@@!!!) woman. I started the work again, and sent it off - again - before I left. It took a lot of will power not to put "hopefully 5th times the charm!" in the email. I managed not to though, for which I felt I deserved a treat.

I had dinner out with Anna tonight. That's kind of a 50/50 proposition, but I fortified myself with Ibuprofen and Emergen-C anyway before I left the office. I called Anna to confirm, and she picked right up. She seemed in high spirits, which was I was very glad to hear.

Was I up for tonight? Well not exactly. But I can't just live for work and home. I've been really kind of depressed the last couple of days because I feel like my life is just disappearing - as if Epstein-Barr is just eating it.

I dashed home, fed the cats, and went to pick up Anna. I managed to throw off my grouchy put-upon mood, and thoroughly enjoyed seeing her tonight. We went to Ni Hao for supper. When I said the name on the phone tonight, I got this vision in my head of it rhyming with "Hee Haw", and immediately thought up a satirical skit in which happy little Chinese people danced around in overalls singing the Hee Haw song, only with Ni Hao in place of the name of the show. Yep, I was just a biiiit punchy around the edges, but I'll take punchy over grouchy any day. Anna and I had a great time laughing about that on the way to the restaurant.

The movie was fabulous. I really wanted to see Avatar in 3-D, which of course meant that I would have to catch it in the theater. It was worth the effort and expense. The story was very good, and in the set-up was innovative. I thought the male lead was sexy. It didn't hurt that he tripped my somewhat disturbing trigger of being attracted to guys in wheelchairs. I wondered if he was really a paraplegic or if they had CGI'd his legs to make them look that way (apparently they did, I found out later). I know. Sigourney Weaver kicked ass too! I love her. But then you know I just loves me a feisty empowered woman, and she plays that character very well. I wonder if she's like that in real life?

I didn't get home until Midnight, so I know I'm going to pay for this. But I really needed it. Seeing Anna made me feel so much better; and I'm home tomorrow night. I'll go to bed early. I'm going to have a life, dammit. If I have to pay for it then I will, but I'm not going to give up everything.

No comments: