Friday, March 19, 2010

A post in which I fulfill a promise to myself, and lay back a bit

Work was quiet today, which was nice. Little Boots was off, which was a pleasant surprise.

When I got home, I felt like giving myself a treat. But of course I’m not supposed to eat anything. I found some good popcorn in the cabinet, made some, and settled in to finish my book. I had promised myself that I would tonight no matter what. It didn’t take nearly as long as I figured.

I have a weekend of cleaning ahead, and a very busy week next week.

Mama’s coming in to town on Wednesday night, and the house has to be up for that. Then on Friday I leave for a glorious weekend in Atlanta with the Kindred, which I am really, really looking forward to. Plus I’m feeling good so I know I’ll be able to play an enjoy it. Plus Rhonda’s going to be staying with me, and I am SO looking forward to spending some time with her!! So lots of good stuff coming up. But, as usual, lots of work to do first. So tonight was a chance to relax for a bit.

I finished Obsidian Butterfly, which was an excellent read, but flagged just a bit on the finale. Still, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I started on the next also, called Narcissus in Chains, but was kind of distracted by the fact that they introduced a new character in the front of the book that I can’t help picturing as Tim Curry in drag (a la Rocky Horror) in my head. Plus they’re all tangled up in the pack politics of various were-animals again. I really like the ‘hunt-the-monster’ books better than the ‘what-were-animal-is-going-to-further-complicate-the-story-line-so-I-can-sleep-with-them’ books. But still, even a poorer Laurell K Hamilton book is better than about 90% of what’s out there.

No comments: