Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A post in which I'm getting ready to go

I woke up feeling squiffy again today. Whatever antibiotic I'm on, apparently it ain't a-workin'. So I navigated the complex phone system at my doctor's office, eventually got hold of a nurse, and had some new stuff called in. I have to stop taking what I'm taking now and start in again on the new stuff tomorrow. Hopefully by Friday I'll be feeling better for the Big Shopping Trip.

I hit it hard this morning. I was in the midst of some big stuff (fallout from a "creative" period Alan had waiting for a flight last week) when I realized I had completely blown by my chiropractor appointment for today. Dammit. I'm going to have to face my family without having my back cracked first. At least my boss is taking the day off tomorrow.

There was nothing to do at that point but carry on. I am completely caught up from being out, and almost have my desk all in order for year end.

The weather continues to be drippy and miserable. Highway 85 was a nightmare all the way home. I passed at least five wrecks. You didn't really drive, you just went from the backup around one accident to the backup around the next accident. I was really glad to get off the freeway in one piece.

I called Jason when I got in to tell him not to take the freeway. He was supposed to come over to hang out tonight. But he had changed his mind and went to see his parents tonight. I think the possibility of having to navigate an alternate route was just too much for him. He has as bad a sense of direction as Lisa does. Water signs.

I got home, did some laundry, and ate an obsession sandwich for dinner (the onions I pickled were really the finishing touch). I finally caught the end of Gaslight (the cable went out the last time I tried to watch it). Ingrid Bergman was great. But I had calls to make.

I called Mom to talk about this weekend and let her know that barring insane traffic again tomorrow, I would drive down tomorrow night. I also checked my answering machine, which I almost never do. I only keep a phone line because I have a DSL. I had a message from Pat, my old work friend. She had called to ask a question, but of course we ended up talking about Judi. I'll see Pat tomorrow at the funeral.

I did the packing that I could tonight. I'll run through tomorrow to do cat stuff on the way out of town.

It's going to be a long day tomorrow.

No comments: