Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A post in which I am back to work, and dropping

When I got up this morning, the bank had come through with my money. It was supposed to come in yesterday, but as usual with the re-financing process, there was a delay. I went by Window World and gave them my deposit on the way in to work. A bit more stress for early morning, but I didn't want to give up yet another lunch hour. And now my windows can be ordered! I'm pretty stoked about that.

I also transferred the money to pay off my LAST credit card today!! YAY!! That's quite a feeling.

I came back into the office to a loaded desk. It didn’t help that I was having dom drop (coming off the endorphin high from a BDSM retreat or event - basically like a bad period day, I am told) today, so I was ill as a hornet. To make matters worse, I had to deal with a company that was filing bankruptcy and blaming us for their problems – they casually demanded 170+ POD’s on invoices that are over a year old today. To top off the loveliness, my computer was moving with the speed of a thousand slugs. It was a rough day at work, but I got through it.

One of the vendors brought us in lunch today, but Thanksgiving is a tough one for me. I ate mashed potatoes, green beans, cranberry sauce and bread. Because of that, I felt like I could have a piece of pecan pie, which was very good. I usually avoid it because of the HFCS, but you only live once right? I felt like I hadn’t done too badly eating today, but when I got home I heated up the leftover veggie chili with chips. I then decided it wasn’t enough, and scarfed down half a bag of tortilla chips with cheese. Yeah that pretty much blew it out of the water.

After much negotiating, I set up Thanksgiving with my mother. We’re going to eat with my sister and her family on Thursday, shop Black Friday, do the flea markets on Saturday, and then I’m coming home early Sunday. It should be a great weekend, and we’ll get back some of the together time we missed on that disastrous trip to Atlanta.

I wasn’t in the mood to do much after work, but I had stopped by CVS on the way home to pick up an over-the-counter bite guard. I put mine in a cup to soak this weekend and someone threw it away ($400 down the drain!). You have to put the new guard in boiling water to soften it, and then shape it to your teeth while it’s still warm. It’s a bit more complicated than it sounds. I hadn’t done one of the drugstore ones before, and by the time I got the hang of how it worked I had messed it up somewhat. But it will work for now, and $25 is a heckuva lot cheaper.

I did a load of towels while I chatted some online, and then headed for bed. Tomorrow will be better.

No comments: