Friday, November 27, 2009

A post in which there is much shopping

Mom and I usually take our time on Black Friday, no 4am campers we.

We got up and got ready, then went to breakfast with the Rod and got him dispatched towards Charleston before we headed out to brave the madding crowd.

We shopped for hours. At one of the malls, it happened. The Dead Sea nail people got Mom. They were offering lotion, and I tried to steer her away but it was too late. The guy had her in his clutches. So my dilemma was, do I just go on and find a bathroom? Or wait with her while he goes through the spiel? Of course I waited. We got away after only about 15 minutes.

Mom, caught by one of the evil Dead Sea nail people.

We were out for about 7 hours, counting stopping for lunch. I got Mom her Christmas and birthday presents (her birthday is December 6th). She picked out a Christmas shirt, a pair of shoes, and a pretty green sweater. We were at the Hallmark store when she picked up a Grinch ornament and put it back down. I just scooped it up and paid for it. Mom loves the Grinch.

She, loving mother and brave soul that she is, lived through shopping for jeans with me. We found a really nice pair at Belk at Dutch Square, but they had only one pair in my size, so we left and went to another mall to get another pair. I got Lisa, Brenden, and Ava off my list as well. So it was a very productive, yet tiring, day. We finished up by going in Target and looking around. We were going to some other stores, but we were just too tired to continue.

We fought the traffic, got home, and collapsed for a while before heading out for dinner. I had promised Mom a really nice dinner after the Atlanta fiasco. We talked about a place downtown, and another place over by Harbison, but after the day we'd had, we decided to go to a seafood place that is down the road from Mom's. We had a nice meal with a very chatty waitress, then stopped by the drug store on the way home to collapse again. By the time Mom talked to Rod and reported on the day, it was time for bed.

It was a very nice day, but we have the flea market tomorrow, and still more shopping!

No comments: