Friday, November 13, 2009

A post in which the camp out begins!

I remembered this morning that I had an extra triple-cheese bean dip in the freezer, and that would work to take to the covered dish tonight. I got it out to thaw. That means I’ll have to wrestle with a hot dish tonight, but it’s better than phoning it in. I have a rep to protect. I stopped at CVS on my way to work for sleeping pills and chips so I wouldn’t be delayed tonight in getting up the mountain.

Because of all the drama with Jason, and the insomnia problems I’ve been having this week, I wasn’t as excited as I usually am about going, but I knew I would have a good time this weekend. I always do.

My handyman finally called me today about running my dryer vent out from under the house. I
took my lunch hour to go home to meet him and let him in, only to find that the crawl space was already unlocked. Alan is such a nice guy. When I got home, I found his bill and the receipts for everything he had bought. He had bought a roll of duct tape and left me the rest of the roll.

dana came by the house for a minute, but I was too busy loading up and getting ready to go. She didn’t stay long. I didn’t have tons of stuff I was taking, so the car was loaded in fairly short order. Since all the desserts were frozen, I just packed them on up tonight. I didn’t make anything that has to be assembled tomorrow, thank goodness.

I got to the campground, stowed the desserts, and started greeting people. I saw a good many people I knew, but there were a bunch of new faces this weekend. Carmina and Adder were there. Joanne, Rob, and Mikah were there of course – they were staying in our cabin. There was a Dom from Columbia named Archer. He’s very sexy. His partner, Elegant, couldn’t come and he was staying in the room with Steve and me.

Dee, a boi I know from Columbia, was there for the weekend. I was delighted to see him, as always, but somewhat surprised meet the lovely young girl in service to him. Dee had been a submissive prior, as far as I know, and not usually into the lipstick variety; but the girl, Meg, was so sweet that I was half in love with her myself within about half an hour. Dee also put her at my disposal this weekend, should I need anything. This is a mark of great favor, and a tremendous sign of trust for a Dom. I was touched and greatly honored.

Mostly people were on the smoking porch talking tonight. It’s always the center of the gathering. But everyone seemed kind of laid back, and there wasn’t a lot of play tonight. Sometimes people are so anxious to play that they get worn out on Friday and then everyone goes to bed early on Saturday. Not this weekend.

The bean dip was a big hit, and was gone pretty quickly. There wasn’t a ton of stuff out for the covered dish tonight, but there was enough.

I went off on a little tour with Russ, and felt much more loquacious when we got back. We went down the “haunted trail” they had set up on the way to the fire pit with a couple of people, and we got into a joke off.

But most of the people there had worked today, and we turned in pretty early for a camp out.

No comments: