Sunday, November 15, 2009

A post in which we wind down*

You hate going to bed Saturday night, because that means that the camp out is pretty much over. I was up in time for a peaceful cuppa joe before things started being aggressively torn down, but the process had already started when I got over there. There were hugs and promises to call. Phone numbers and email addresses were exchanged. I had a couple of late-night people tell me they had enjoyed watching me play last night, which I took as a great compliment. I got Miss Marcy’s phone number. I had talked to her at SELF this spring, and we wanted to play then but didn’t get a chance. I had hoped we would play this weekend, but she wasn’t feeling at the top of her game. But she’s here in town, so maybe things will work out, despite the looming holidays.

I packed my stuff, and then some of Russ and Billy’s on top of it, and got back to my place. I fed the surprisingly serene Jinx. I hadn’t gotten down the hill yesterday and was expecting a kitty cussing-out when I got home, but she seemed fine.

I got cleaned up and headed over to Russ and Billy’s. We unloaded their stuff and went out to
lunch with Joanne, Mikah, and Rob before they left town.

After seeing them off, we went back to R&B’s for a good re-hashing of the weekend. I love that. Eventually though, we were all just falling over from tiredness. After all the stress of last week getting ready, then all the energy expended playing and socializing, staying up late hours, not to mention packing and unpacking; the camp out just takes a lot out of you.

I went home, change the sheets, and washed my blanket so everything was all fresh and clean when I went to bed. I did have a little foray out since I took tomorrow off and I didn’t want to waste it being too good, right?

No comments: