Monday, August 17, 2009

A post in which Ponyo is playing!


I woke up this morning feeling tired. I really over-did it this weekend, but I did have a good time. I had some coffee on the porch and thought about this hectic (even more hectic than usual) social life I’ve been leading. I’m trying to distract myself from being lonely. I don’t know if that’s a healthy thing, or if I should be learning to live by myself. Or maybe that’s what I’m doing? I just know I’ve been hitting it pretty hard lately. When I slow down I get down. So I’m kind of running away from the depression monster at the mo. I’m just not sure how long I can keep it up.

For those of you who didn’t know this, I am a fairly big Hayao Miyazaki fan. I own Howl’s Moving Castle, and Spirited Away (which I personally believe is his best movie). I was excited to learn that he had a new movie being released this summer, called Ponyo. I resolved to find out when the video release was so that I could see it. Howl didn’t screen here. The closest showing was in Charlotte.

I was pretty tickled when I went online today and found out that Ponyo is playing here! It’s only showing in one theater, and I’m sure it won’t be here for long, but I put out the critter call immediately for some friends to go see it with me. Russ and Billy responded (I have turned them on to anime, just a bit), and Anna says she’s going. So I’m psyched! Greenville makes little tiny steps forward, in spite of so much local indifference to anything even remotely artistic.

When I got off work I had to go to the store, since I didn’t do it this weekend, and I’m running out of stuff. I finally paid retail for some fabric softener, though it chafed me to do it. Then I went home, had some supper, and finished up my pasta salad. It turned out pretty good, but I’m always surprised at how much dressing it takes to get it to have any flavor. So much for low-fat…

I did some laundry, and called to RSVP to a pool party at Jennifer and Christina’s house this weekend. That will be fun, and I’ll get to see Kimbley and Laura. I chatted with Nicole a bit on line, then hit the hay.

No comments: