Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A post in which I clean up a bit

And it was badly needed too.

Justin called today. He has just bought the last Depression Glass book that Gene Florence and his wife will be doing. Apparently Gene Florence is retiring. What we shall ever do now, I can’t imagine. His format was by far the best for collectors. He and Amanda wanted to come down to see me, that we may gloat over this last glorious epistle from the master. So tomorrow is going to be a busy day.

At first, I thought “Screw it, I’m not cleaning. I don’t feel like it, and things really don’t look that bad.” But after eating a salad and playing some Hexic, I thought “Well, the house is looking shabby, and it is going to be valued tomorrow. Plus Justin’s place is always spotless.” So I decided I needed to clean up, as much for myself as for them. I do feel better when the house looks nice; and I already had a head start on the bathroom from last weekend.

So I spent a couple of hours wielding the vacuum, dust mop, and dust cloth. Things really did look better when I got done, although there are some things I really need to get out of the house, I’m just not sure how. The glass cabinets really need to have all the glass cleaned and the shelves dusted, but I just didn’t have time tonight. It’s one of those things I keep meaning to do. I guess I’ll get around to it some time.

I thought about whipping up some nibbles, then thought about feeding Amanda (the nothingatarian - no vegetables, no potatoes, no cheese) and thought again. Hopefully we can go out to supper.

No comments: