Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A post in which I go buy cat litter

Yeah, life is just that exciting at the moment.

The appraiser called me today, on my way home from work, and was trying to give me phone numbers and stuff. Turns out I have to meet her at the house for the appraisal (there goes another lunch hour, sigh) because she has to go inside. And my house looks pretty much like it has been rolled in cat hair and dust. Still, I suppose that shouldn’t affect the actual appraisal value, although I hate for people to see the house at less than its best. That’s become kind of a perpetual cycle at this point. I don’t clean because I don’t have people in, and I don’t have people in because the house isn’t clean. The last time I really cleaned was when Fran came from Minnesota.

After work I finally broke down and went to buy cat litter. The environmentally friendly, flushable litter I use is hella expensive. Thirty-two bucks a bag now. That’s just crazy. But it does keep my house from smelling like cat pee.

With further virtue, I went home and ate a salad and some nuts for dinner.

Eve called tonight, wanting me to price some plates for her that BB left. It was actually pretty interesting. I was able to find them online, but they weren’t terribly valuable. The replacements.com values them at $50 each, but the values on there are pretty high. They were selling on Ebay for about $15-$20 each. Still it was good to be able to find them.

I’m going to Chapin this weekend to see Mother, Cole, and Ava. I’m pretty broke, but I’ve been broker. It should be OK. I’ll be really glad if I ever get this last credit card paid off. But of course vacation with Mother is coming up, and I always spend a lot of money then; and then Christmas is right behind. Sigh.

No comments: