Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A post in which I have a summer cold

Courtesy of James, I think.

I woke up this morning feeling a little fuzzy in the chest, but by the end of the day I felt worse.

I really debated the advisability of going to the movie tonight, but I had already inserted myself into Russ and Billy’s impossible schedule, and Anna had said she would go too, and the possibility of getting them all together again before the movie stopped screening in Greenville was remote. I wasn’t feeling too bad, so I went on. I met R&B for supper at Ni Hao, which was nice as usual. They had spring rolls again tonight (they haven’t the last two times I was in there), but they weren’t nearly as good they were before. They must be buying them frozen from a different supplier.

The movie was gorgeously animated - some of Miyazaki’s most beautiful work. The story I didn’t think was as good as Spirited Away, or as accessible as Kiki’s Delivery Service, but was nonetheless charming and enjoyable. Everyone seemed to appreciate it. I was surprised to find from Anna later that she had never seen a Miyazaki film before, despite her conspicuously esoteric tastes.

By the time the movie was over, though, I was ready to be home. I wasn’t feverish, but I was achy, uncomfortable, and ready for bed. I came home, took a knock-out pill, and went to bed.

No comments: