Sunday, August 9, 2009

A post in which a busy day frees up considerably

Today was set up to be a very busy day. I had been invited to a brunch thing by the guy I had talked to some at work. I had a birthday party for Jack (Anna’s step-dad), which I was kind of invited to when things didn’t work out with Anna Friday night. Also, Miss Kat’s birthday was today, but she and dana were working on the house in Columbia. Russ had told me that they would get in touch with me when they heard from Miss Kat.

I woke up bleary after two late nights in a row, but texted Mike, the guy from work, and started stirring around a bit to try to look semi-presentable. That was a struggle, considering that I had gotten to bed at 4:30am.

I didn’t hear back from Mike. As usual when I’ve been drinking the night before, I was starving. I was craving lox and cream cheese terribly, but I put off going out until I was ravenous. Rather than drive across town (as I should have) to Publix, I just ran to the Bi-Lo near my house. They had no lox, and only like 6 packs of bagels. But they were baking garlic bread. It smelled so good I ended up buying garlic bread and other assorted garbage. I then went home and had a bean-feast of crap.

While I was waiting to hear back from Mike, I turned on Lolita, since it was in OnDemand for TCM and I hadn’t seen it before. Of course after that meal I was asleep in about 10 minutes. I woke up as the movie ended, but that’s the great thing about OnDemand. You can just run it again. So I did. About a half hour in, Jack called to tell me Anna was still under the weather, so his birthday thing was cancelled today.

I watched the movie again, did some domestic stuff, and hauled off the recycling. I actually felt much better when I started moving around. Mike called later in the afternoon to say he had been to Atlanta the night before, and was stuck in traffic this morning after there was a wreck on 85, which was why I hadn't heard from him. I ate lunch, did some cooking, and decided to go ahead and get cleaned up so I would be ready for tonight. But I didn’t hear from Russ and Billy.

I eventually got in touch, and they explained that Miss Kat wasn’t going to call them unless she felt like doing something. They had gone on to the movies this afternoon. We agreed to meet for dinner, and they showed up at Pho Noodleville with a very hung over Vince, another friend of ours. Vince and I dated for a minute back as the earth cooled, when he was on a break from his lover Brian. Brian is in Scotland right now. Vince is absolutely beautiful, and a very sweet guy, but I’d probably kill him if I had to live with him. Still, it was nice to see him at dinner. He had been all over the place at the party last night and we hadn’t talked that much.

After dinner we went back to their place for dessert and some socializing. They wanted to turn on the TV, of course, since apparently the upstate grinds to a halt when True Blood comes on. That’s fine, I just prefer to talk. So I watched some TV for a bit and then went on home.

No comments: