Monday, November 19, 2007

Had a pretty good night last night. After a pretty boring day at work, went home with no real plans, except to start putting together my Thanksgiving menu. I went by Whole Foods to pick up the Quorn "turkey" last night, and they were out dammit. They are supposed to have some more in tonight.

My friend Rhonda called and talked for a while. I have really missed her. She and her ex Jaimie, used to be really close with me and my ex Michael. They broke up about a year before we did, and after that, I didn't see nearly as much of them. They both just kind of went off the deep end. Well Rhonda has been missing me too, and she called and we talked for about an hour. They may be coming to see me this weekend. If so, I'll have to expand my menu. I wasn't going to do much because I was going to have to eat it all, but if they're coming I'll make several more dishes. Her son Tony loves my cooking, and I know he'll come hungry.

I was going to do Quorn "turkey", dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, green bean casserole, Parker house rolls, and cranberry sauce. I'll probably add a spinach casserole, an egg custard pie (Rhonda's favorite) and some pumpkin cheesecake bars. I should add another vegetable, like greens, but they are so much work, and I didn't get any fresh collards last weekend. I may add a corn pudding, which I know Rhonda loves. And of course I'll have to double my dressing, mashed potatoes, and gravy. I don't know what Rhonda's new lover Sabrina will think about this, she is notoriously picky - what is it about lesbians not eating anything? You'd think if they could eat.... never mind. I guess she'll find something, or fill up on potatoes and dessert. I know I have done that enough at dinner parties I have been to where they put meat in everything, and if she's too picky to try anything, so be it. The rest of the world is one big abattoir, I'm not turning my kitchen in to one.

To round off the evening, I had an old friend show up from Atlanta, on his way through town, and wanting a little company. Even though I had to wait an hour and a half, he was worth it. It was an Aviance night, and I haven't had one in a while. He is a beautiful man, and I just can't turn him down. I'm glad I didn't, even though I was kind of bleah about it when he called, at first. I had a really good time.

No comments: