Sunday, November 25, 2007

I was up at 8am this morning, but I was feeling rough. I really shouldn't have stayed out so late last night, but I was having such a good time, I didn't want to come home.

I put my pumpkin squares in the oven first thing, and then put my casseroles together. I made a corn pudding (one of Rhonda's favorites), and a spinach and cheddar casserole that I had made for them before. Everything turned out fine. I thickened the gravy (it had turned out just a bit thin), and popped the bread in once they got there.

It was SO great to see Rhonda!! I didn't realize how much I had missed her. My ex Michael and I used to be really close to her ex Jaime and her, back when we were both still together. Rhonda was actually closer to Michael than to me, because she and Michael were so much alike, but I have really missed her. Rhonda can be amazingly impractical and lackadaisical at times, and that is frustrating to me, but through it all she has a fundamental sweetness that no one can deny. It was really good to spend some time talking to her, just gossiping and talking about people we both know. Sabrina didn't come, so I guess I didn't have to worry about what to feed her after all. Hmm.

It was great to see Tony too, Rhonda's son. He is such a sweet boy. So much like his mama. Sometimes he needs a boot up the tail, but he's so good hearted you forgive him a lot. He loves my cooking, and is always very effusive in his compliments. The boy knows the way to my cook's heart. So he's working me, but we both know it, and I really don't mind. There are few things I like better than cooking for someone who loves to eat, and isn't shy about telling me they enjoy it. So we're a good match. Rhonda seemed to really enjoy everything too. Tony is growing up. He's growing out of that "all hands and feet" stage he was in when I first met him. He's going to make a good looking man. He's smart too. I wish he would apply himself to school, but it just doesn't seem to matter to him any more. I would really like to see him go further in life.
I have to say, I did put out a good meal. But Thanksgiving inspires me. It's when I "cheat" and do all the little extra fatty things I usually don't do to dress the food up. Basically, no fat gram is spared so it tastes as if no fat gram has been spared. My pumpkin squares were really scrumptious. I will be making those again. And the recipe was fairly easy too.

They came to eat about 1pm, and left about 3:30. After cleaning up the kitchen, I changed the sheets and collapsed. I slept for a couple of hours, ate still more Thanksgiving food, then watched the Fox Sunday shows and went to bed. I love The Simpsons, and Family Guy.

No comments: