Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Well I felt more like myself again today. I have been afraid I'm going to get drowned in depression, but it seems to come in waves. I have a couple of bad days, and then it recedes for a while. I guess I can handle that. I pulled up some old Martika vids on youtube while I was getting ready this morning, and her sassy 80's bangs and huge earrings worked for dramatic renewal of purpose.

Good thing I was up for the day. I had more phone calls today than I have had in the last 2 weeks! Seems like all those new clients wanted to talk to me today. I had to hustle to keep up, but I had one of those days where everything seems to come together, and I'm moving the strings of the universe, bending all to my will. I got a lot of stuff done, and resolved. It was very productive day over all.

Traffic was a nightmare getting home. There was a wreck in Anderson or something and the freeway was just one big parking lot. It takes me about 15 minutes to get to work in the morning. It took me an hour to get home tonight. Sigh. The SCDOT are majorly on my shit list.

South Carlolinians drive like assholes. There is a reason we have some of the highest insurance rates in the country. Any form of precipitation makes the roads close down, as all the rednecks play bumper-cars. For some reason, water coming from the sky makes the people in this state revert to their Neanderthal roots, and they're all making the sign against the evil eye or something besides driving (!), or looking at the road (!). It makes me crazy. Tonight conditions were perfect for driving, I don't know what the issue was. Probably another flipped 18-wheeler. The stretch of 85 between Atlanta and Charlotte is one of the most dangerous pieces of highway in the country. Highway 85, for those of you who don't know this, is the drug artery from Florida to NY in this part of the country. There are also many freight haulers on the roads, drugged to the gills or falling asleep. It' s a volatile mix, and scary as hell. So we regularly have 18-wheelers flying through the air like acrobats. And of course they all have to be on the roads at 5pm, to be the butt-plugs of the road. Sheesh.

My friend Cougar called me last night and talked to me on the way home though. He works near me, and we hit the jam at the same time last night. So the commute wasn't as bad as it could have been, but it was still frustrating.

Have a nice evening, and happy driving!

No comments: