Saturday, November 17, 2007

Saturday was a good day. I got up and went to the Flea Market, as I usually do, but didn't find anything I couldn't live without. Ran some errands and headed for Charlotte. Got to Lee and Clayton's at about 2pm, and went to do some grocery shopping with them, as Lee had planned to have friends in for dinner that night. Had one of my favorite lunches: pimento cheese from the Fresh Market with crostini and grape tomatoes - delish!

Lee made cheese plates and salads topped with steamed green beans for starters, and the main course was penne pasta with vegetables in a fresh tarragon bechamel sauce prepared by yours truly. Dessert was pumpkin pie with vanilla ice cream and cranberry relish. It was great.

Lee had invited Pat and Angela, two very nice lesbians that I met through them. They are really nice, and I am fond of them. After dinner we played a game of Spades - Yay! I love to play cards, and rarely get to play any more, now that I don't have a partner.

So it was a lovely evening.

No comments: