Sunday, November 18, 2007

Sunday was a nice day, although I felt pretty drug out from having to take sleeping pills Saturday night. Amazingly, I slept until 9:30.

After breakfast, Lee and I went shopping. I love the shopping in Charlotte, and Lee is usually great luck to go shopping with, I always find great deals when he's with me. I was thinking that I wanted another hoodie, but didn't really find anything I liked. I want a sky blue one. We did Southpark, the ritzy mall. I was accosted by a scary aggressive sales lady selling Dead Sea nail kits. She buffed one of my nails, and it did look really good, but it cost $80 for a kit! She came down to $50, but it was still more than I wanted to spend for a manual nail buffer, some lotion, and a small bottle of cuticle oil. But she kept drawing me back, and I didn't want to be rude. Still, I got away with relief.

I ended up buying another blue golf shirt for work. This will be the 4th. Since those are my favorites, I just don't see any need to diversify a lot. They are all slightly different, and I doubt anyone pays that much attention to what I wear to work anyway. Because of the dress code, I just blend in with the other faceless drones most of the time.

I almost found some new knobs for my mahogany dresser, but decided I didn't want to pay over $100 for them, especially right before Christmas. I have to have 16, and 4 have to be a smaller size but still match, so replacing these knobs has become quite a quest. I guess I'll find some eventually.

By the time we did all the shopping, I was feeling really run down - like I was trying to come down with something. I decided to come on home. I stopped and got a Pumpkin Spice latte at Starbucks, because my friend Russ had raved about how good they were, but either I didn't get a good one, or they are not my thing, because I was not impressed. Still, it was good to have a pick-me-up to get me home.

By the time I got home last night, it was too late to brood, as I figured it would be. I had dinner and went to bed early, watching the Fox lineup, as I usually do on Sunday nights. I love Family Guy and the Simpsons.

So all and all, a good weekend, and notably less poor-little-me's than last week.

I'm trying to decide now what I'm going to make for Thanksgiving. Apparently I don't have a Quorn loaf in the freezer, as I thought, so I'm going to go brave the Whole Foods for one tonight. I hope they aren't out. Those little things look like kakadoodie, but they are pretty damn tasty, and make good "turkey" sandwiches . Without the guilt.

No comments: