Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

I did my own thing today, and really didn't mind a bit.

I woke up not feeling particularly great, but still wanting to get into the kitchen. After starting to cooking, I went out onto the porch for a cocoa break with the next door neighbors cat, since I'm feeding it while they're gone. Jinx watched from the bedroom window with undisguised horror as I petted the cat from next door.

Mother called to check on me, and to tell me Happy Thanksgiving. She is up at Granny and Poppy's, but it is just her, the other two sisters, and them this year. My grandmother canceled the big family Thanksgiving after she was diagnosed with bursitis in her hips. She already had rheumatoid arthritis in them, and is in a lot of pain. She is in a wheelchair right now, and just wasn't up to the whole family trooping in. It is a big disruption for them, as they are used to being in the house by themselves now, and the big family gathering can easily be over 20 people. Mom's worried about me because she knows I've been depressed this Fall, but I told her I am really OK today, other than feeling like I'm getting sick.

I made my dressing, gravy, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, and a Brussels sprouts casserole recipe I found on-line, finishing up in time for lunch about 2:30. I don't even like Brussels sprouts, but strangely, I was eating them out of the steamer like popcorn while I was putting the casserole together
.
After lunch, I cleaned up some, and then took a nap. I was really feeling not good by then.
Fortunately dinner was already done, and I didn't mind a bit having Thanksgiving again. After that, I cleaned up the kitchen the rest of the way, and watched TV and played computer games until I was sleepy.

No comments: