Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Well I did go back in to work today. We are getting ready for year end, so it was frantic. I had 11 new clients placed, and usually get around 15 in a whole month. But I managed to get on top of it, caught up with my calls, and got all the new accounts checked in and contacted. It was good to have lots to do, kept me from having time to brood. And the day went by pretty quickly.

I took the left over pound cake in to my friend Christie at work. She just loves my pound cake, and it's always and ego-boost for me to be able to give her something she obviously enjoys so much. That makes me happy.

So I had a good sense of accomplishment when I got home.

Even the struggle to GET home didn't phase me much. I had to go the grocery store to pick up a few things on the way home. I go in this store all the time, and it's a pretty good store, but last night was not the night to go. Some bone-headed manager had decided to kick off the Thanksgiving season with a big "food tasting" thing. So there were 8,000,000 people crammed in to this store, eating free samples and blocking up the aisles. And of course most of these people don't even buy groceries, they were just there for the free food. So parking was like trying to get a space at a Dead concert, and then once you got in there were all these people standing around in the way of the ones trying to SHOP (!), and of course all those tasting booths took up a lot of aisle room too. But the worst part was that they had apparently spend so much time working on this big event that the shelves weren't stocked, and one of the things I fought through that madness to buy wasn't even there. Of course they couldn't have any stock people working during that fiasco (or they were too smart to get out in that madness and were hiding, although I did see one of them talking on his cell with a little plate of samples in his hand, eating). And then I had to fight my way through 3 traffic accidents to get home. Sigh. Some days it's all I can do just to GET home. I can't imagine wanting to go out and do anything afterwards.

No comments: