Saturday, November 24, 2007

Woke up today feeling much better.

After having some brekkie and hanging out for a while, decided to run some errands. I needed to pick up my Quorn roast for tomorrow, when Rhonda & Co. are coming to eat. Unfortunately, the store that told me they would get them in lied. They didn't get a truck at all yesterday, after telling me that is when they would be in.

I was trying to conserve my strength, so I can go to Russ and Billy's for game night tonight. But I went all over town anyway.

I want a light blue hoodie for Christmas, and I have been trying to find one my mom can buy for me when she comes the weekend of the 7th. We usually do our shopping for each other the weekend of my friend Donnie's Christmas party. Strangely (at least for some, but not for me), I am having a hard time finding decent hoodies. Old Navy, which had a million of them last year, has hardly any this year, and all the stores seem to be switching now to zip jackets in place of the hoodies. You can't snuggle up in a knit jacket with a big metal zip running up your chest though. I looked at a couple of places, but found not a single one in light blue. I can find some in heather gray, my backup color, but the ones I found that I liked they didn't have my size in. Dammit. Aggravating. I did find this really cool shirt that I liked at Old Navy, but they were almost sold out of it, and I'm sure they will be by the time Mom gets here. Like I need more clothes anyway.
After passing by twice (!) because I was listening too hard to a great CD my friend Lee made for me, I got into Whole Foods, and they were still out of Quorn too, so I have no "turkey" to feed people tomorrow. That is really pissing me off.

Of course I had to go by the grocery store for a few odds and ends for tomorrow, when Rhonda and them come. Since I just could not bear to look at any more Thanksgiving food, which I have been living on for the last two days, I just picked up some frozen eggrolls. I just had to have something different. Plus all that rich food is making my stomach wonky.
I did get home and laid down for a little bit, and then Billy called me back. I have decided to go tonight. 1) I am feeling better 2) I am bored out of my mind and 3) I am missing Billy and Russ. They haven't been around as much lately.

I had a GREAT time. We went to dinner at Lieu's, an Asian place here in town that they really like. It is a bit pricey for me, and I don't think it's all that great, but it's OK.

After that we went downtown to look at the lights, and got coffee. It was nice just walking around downtown, looking at cute boys and stuff. Some other friends from Gastonia, Marshall and John, were there, and they were a lot of fun too. In Mass General, which was amazingly actually open (they close at sundown usually), I found this really cool robe that I fell in love with. I'm going to have Mom get that for me for Christmas. I also found this great shirt I like, and if they have one left by the time Mom is here, I'm going to get that too. It's $35, which is high, but it is a really nice shirt. It's a Columbia brand, and I have one like it already that I just love.

It started to rain a bit after a while, and it really wasn't the best idea for me to be wandering around outside courting my death o dampness with the night air coming on, so we left and went on to their house for a game night.

I got to see the puppies (Russ and Billy have three dogs). We played Apples to Apples, and a Monopoly card game, and I really enjoyed myself. I was out until 3am! And I have to be up at 8am to start cooking again in the morning. I'm gonna be dead. But it was worth it.

No comments: