Friday, January 4, 2013

A post in which things start to go back into kilter

Work was much more calm today.  I worked on presentations and calls.  I got a lot of adjustments done.  I left on time.  Right before I left, Alan handed me a sheaf of approved paperwork back.  That's fine.  It'll wait until Monday.

I got my naughty calendar ordered today.  Mom had given me a cat calendar, but since none of the vendors coughed up a free calendar this year, I took that one to work.  I wanted my pin-up boys back.  It's been a while since I had one.  Strangely enough, Colt apparently didn't do a sufficient run of "Butt Beautiful" calendars this year.  That was the one I wanted, but every place is sold out of them.  I declined to pay $100+ for an after-market one on Amazon, and just ordered a different calendar. 

I purposely decided not to do anything tonight.  I have two parties ahead this weekend, and it was the perfect time to take a little time for myself.  I did go by the grocery store to pick up ingredients for the cheese ball I'm going to make for the bear party.  It's an experimental one, and I'm using some ideas that have been floating around in my head for a while to make it.  I'm kind of stoked.  I was going to make one of Mother's Peter Paul Mounds cakes for the party, but then I promised Marshall and John that I would make a cheese ball.  Plus after finishing the half a cake I brought home from Christmas, and remembering how incredibly rich it was, I really didn't want more of it right this minute.

When I got home, I was inclined to relax and have some quiet time.  The last couple of days have been rough, and I have an assignation in the morning. 

No comments: