Friday, January 11, 2013

A post in which I just wanna go home

I came in today, grimly determined to just make it through so I could go home and go back to bed. 

I made it through the day.

During the day though, I found that my calendar had been delivered to Russ.  Russ sent me a text, and was like "Why did you even buy a calendar half-way through January?"  I thought that was pretty funny.

I decided to go get it after work.  On the way though, I had to stop and buy cat food and litter.  Ouch.  That was seventy-one freakin' dollars.  I usually try to stagger buying them, but it just so happened that I ran out of both this week.

When I got to the house, I opened my calendar and snuggled up on the sofa to wait for Russ.  The boys wanted to go get sushi tonight, and I had to eat anyway.  As usual, though, Russ was late, and by the time we got back from dinner it was almost ten o'clock.  That was later than I wanted to be out, but it was a pleasant meal at Irashiai.  About the time we finished eating, a wave of exhaustion just rolled over me.  I was wiped out.

Plus, my voice went out tonight.  With the way my throat has been, that's hardly a surprise.  Nor is laryngitis an uncommon complication of a cold for most people (and although it never used to happen to me, my voice is not tremendously strong now anyway).  But that is scary.  It bothered me more than I let on.  There was a little voice in the back of my head going you know, the last time this happened, it was really bad...  And although I knew that was an overreaction, it was still scary.  Logan was very sweet to reassure me.  He understood.  But I felt a sense of dread.

I went on home and to bed.  I managed to unload the car (mostly, I left the forty pound bag of litter to be carried in later), and hung my calendar before I turned in.  I didn't even care that it was Friday night. 

No comments: