Monday, January 28, 2013

A post in which I have a rendez-vous*

So Growlr heated up today. I was quite surprised.  Who knew that 9pm on a Monday night wasn't the optimum time to access a hook-up ap?  Not me apparently.

I had the profile set to vibrate my phone, which kept chirping through the day.  Hmm distracting.

I needed it though, because I was working on that stupid manual project - ugh.  It has to be done, but it's about as exciting as watching milk curdle.  But I got more done today than I thought I would.

So I'm at lunch catching up on my Growlz, and I get one from a guy I met before.  His name is Tyler, and the first time I met him he was in town on business, but lived in North Carolina.  He was a nice guy, but a good bit younger than me, plus he was geographically undesirable.  Well I found out later that he actually ended up moving here.  I figured, frankly, that he would have a gorgeous boyfriend in short order, and didn't think that much about it to be honest. 

Well apparently he remembered me fondly, and sent me some pictures today that reminded me just how really purty he is (he has fur that just makes me drool).  He wanted to get together, so we set up for him to come over tonight.  I had to go by the library tonight on the way home, and since he was supposed to be at the house at 7pm that really didn't give me much time.  I ran home, ran through the shower, and threw a bowl of cabbage down my throat (I was starving).  I kind of half thought he would cancel or wouldn't show, but he was right on time. 

Tonight really wasn't the perfect night for me to have company.  Since I was so busy yesterday, there was a bunch of stuff at the house kind of half done, and I had chores I needed to do tonight, but after the patch I've had lately, I wasn't going to miss out.  Let's just say that Tyler and I are compatible in two ways that most of the guys I have met lately are not. 

It was really good to see him, and he was more relaxed around me tonight, having met me before and all.  We ended up having a really good time, with an encounter that was - well transcendent.  My dry spell ended in fairly spectacular fashion.  He stayed afterwards just to hang out, and I fed him some macaroni pie (hey, I know the way to a man's heart).  We talked and just enjoyed each other.  I really enjoyed it, and he seemed to as well. 

Eventually he left, just in time for the season premier of RuPaul's Drag Race.  I put in a load of laundry, cleaned up the kitchen, and ate a bit more supper.  I went to bed feeling happy.  I wanted to finish watching the first episode (the advance viewing online didn't show who got sent home), but I was just too tired.  I went to sleep before it was over. 

No comments: