Wednesday, January 23, 2013

A post in which things are pretty much back to normal

I was up with insomnia again at about 2:30am.  Sigh.  I did sign on for a bit, and coordinated a visit from my spankin' boy this morning, so that was fun.  I was a bit drug out, and had to hustle to make it to work on time, but it was worth it. 

Work was work.  I got some things done.  I'm caught up for my month.

After work I went by the grocery store to pick up cereal.  Usually when I'm in there I get a bunch of other stuff that I didn't come for, and I was hungry tonight to boot, but I did pretty well tonight. I had supper waiting at home, and I'm out to dinner with the boys tomorrow, so I didn't really need anything.  I got some Grape Nuts, which I love to eat hot in the winter.  I don't like them cold - that's like eating bb's and milk.  I got some coffee because it was on sale two-for-one.  I was just about out of coffee, so that was good timing.  I'm getting spoiled for getting coffee for half price :)

I got home and threw the left-over pasta from Dad's in the microwave.  I used to feel bad about taking food from them, but I don't any longer.  They very rarely eat left-overs and it would just be thrown away if I didn't eat it.  I also go out the last of the Christmas candy (a box of Reese's Christmas Trees) out of the freezer and had some for dessert.  It's taken me a month to get through the stocking candy and cake I brought home from Christmas.  I try to ration it out because it's not like I need more sweets in my diet, although I love them.

I'm so glad the madness of the holidays is over.  I enjoyed my vacation, but it's nice to not have all the craziness.  Now if I can just get through Singles Awareness Day (February 14), I'll be good to go for a while.

I played with my phone a bit tonight, but I can't see the manual on my home computer (which would apparently require me to download 49 software packages I couldn't figure out how to load).  That limited what I could do there.  I really want to get a holder for it this weekend.  I don't like carrying it around in my pocket.

I chatted online for a bit, although I wasn't really interested in doing anything.  Since homosexuals can smell indifference as keenly as a shark smells blood in the water, I was of course the belle of the ball online.  Eventually, though, I signed off and went to bed.

No comments: