Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A post in which I have a date!

I was up with brutal insomnia from 2am until about 4:45am.  When the alarm went off, I decided (by a narrow margin) to get up and go to work rather than either find the nearest cliff or quit my job.

I worked on that stupid (*&&^^%%$#!! manual project most of the day.  It is mind-numbingly boring, but I did get a lot done.  I'm starting to see light at the end of the tunnel. 

I was invited to Bill's birthday party today.  That made me happy. First because I was actually invited, and am not going to just tag along with RBL, and second because I am intrigued to see Bill and John's house when it isn't all Halloweened out.  They have a fantastic house for entertaining.  It is nice to be invited when it isn't part of a huge critter call (well, I don't think it is anyway - no idea how big the guest list is).  So I first thought this would be a great chance to introduce Tyler to some of the guys from the dinner night and stuff.  He told me he hasn't met many people because he works so much.  Then I thought, screw thatHe can go with me.  So I asked him to go with me, as in like a date. And he said YES! 

I know he's way too young for me.  I know that in all probability, I'll probably be taking him for him to meet his next boyfriend.  But so what?  He's a hot, sweet guy.  We enjoy each other's company.  And there are far worse things than having a good-looking guy on my arm for an evening right?  I am pretty freakin' stoked about it.

So that little afterglow helped me coast through the tedious afternoon in relative pleasure.

I also chatted with a guy named Erick.  He had seen my profile on Bear411 and was intrigued.  He had also just spent the weekend with Donnie and Mark, who had told him about me.  Erick is my age, sexy, and cool.  But he lives in Raleigh.  After my last experience with Raleigh guys, I am not encouraged.  I find it interesting, though, that it seems to be feast or famine.  After weeks of not being able to attrach hungry dogs with a chicken leg tied around my neck, suddenly I have two guys all up in my Kool Aid.  Go figure. 

Dinner out with Dad and Eve tonight was at La Parrilla.  Confusingly, after the ice storm last week, we ate on the patio tonight in our shirtsleeves.  Weather in the south.  Our service tonight was really slow, and really talky.  Seems like four times out of five there, you get a server who wants to yack your head off.  That would have been OK if we had been able to get our food.  As it was, she asked us about 57 times if everything was OK.  Yeesh.  During the protracted wait, we were also seated in the 'crying babies smoking cigars' section.  The population growth is supposed to be levelled out, but you would never have known it in that restaurant.  Every one in there seemed to be totin' a young'un of some description, usually in the midst of a temper tantrum.  The table next to us had two kids, who alternately screamed in tears or exultation through the entire meal.

I went back to the house to visit for a bit, and stayed later than I had intended.  I had to go by the store on the way home.  Since I didn't really go (other than to buy snow groceries I didn't need) last week, I am running out of things right and left at the house.  So I ran through the store on an emergency mission, ran home, spent too much time chatting on Growlr, and finally made it to bed.

No comments: