Sunday, January 20, 2013

A post in which it is a day out with the boys

After last night, I wasn't sure that the boys would be going to the flea market this morning.  I had left about 11pm last night, and the party had still been going strong.  About 10am (the agreed-upon arrival time) I sent a text, and had a response from Billy that Logan was on the way, and they were following.  (A lot of times when we go to Andersen, Logan goes on to see friends there afterwards and so takes his own car.)  Because Logan was going to peel off later, I rode down to Anderson with him.  We had a good talk on the way.  I don't get a lot of one-on-one time with Logan, but he's a sweet guy, and I love him.

The weather was gorgeous, if just a bit breezy and cold.  We did the whole flea market, saw our friends Tom and David, and met Marshall and John, who drove down from Gastonia to meet us there.  Russ did much better today with moving at a reasonable pace and not looking at everysinglethingthere.  I got one little Fire King Jadite bowl, a very plain one that just looked like Buffalo China, but reasonably priced.  I also got some new toothpick holders, since I got mad at the one in my desk last week and threw it away. 

After lunch we went to La Parrilla for lunch.  We had Russ's favorite waiter, who is very nice, and wasn't all in our business the way a lot of the servers there seem to be.  Joel met us there, and we had a nice lunch.  Russ was in the mood for margaritas, and they brought out a huge one.  I decided to pick up lunch, since they had been gracious enough to invite me last night and had gone with me to Anderson this morning, plus Billy had given me one of their old smart phones (they are early adopters) last night and wouldn't hear of me paying anything for it.  By the time we had lunch, drinks, and appetizers though, lunch wound up being just a bit over $100Yikes!  Well so much for my not spending a lot of money this weekend...

After lunch we repaired to their house to visit.  Marshall and John stayed for a while, but eventually headed on home.  The boys put in season 1 of  Downton Abbey, and we watched the whole first season tonight, stopping only to order some Chinese take-away.  I have to say it is every bit as good as I had heard.  Maggie Smith is of course fantastic, but the rest of the cast is great too.  I thoroughly enjoyed it. 

No comments: