Monday, January 7, 2013

A post in which I start to get Christmas sorted

When I got up this morning, Scott had posted a picture of me from the party.  I immediately remembered why I had stopped wearing those jeans before. The legs are enormous, and the look is subsequently very unflattering, making me appear larger even than I really am, which is quite big enough.  I immediately took those jeans out of the 'currently wearing' drawer.  They'll be re-born as cut-off shorts, where hopefully the regrettable belled legs won't be such an issue. 

It was blessedly quiet in the office today.  I'm caught up, and the next hateful deadline isn't looming yet, so I just enjoyed the peace. 

I called University Shop today to find out what time they closed, and was pleasantly surprised to find that they were open until 6:30.  That would give me just enough time to get there after work.  I had intended to exchange the tshirt Miss Kat and Dana gave me on Saturday, but had just plain forgotten it in all the kerfuffle.  After work I headed straight over there.

They gave me a little bit of a hard time, telling me they "didn't do exchanges without attached tags" (really?), but I talked the guy into it after a little discussion.  They didn't have the same shirt that I had been given in my size (their inventory being understandably depleted after the holidays), but they had another that was nice enough that was in my size, so I made the exchange. 

Flush with success, I checked the box the asparagus dish came in, and noted that it was a Pottery Barn box.  So maybe I'll tackle that tomorrow...

I got home, and tagged my new shirt.  In celebration I did a load of darks so that it would be ready to wear this weekend if I got to see Miss Kat and Dana.  I also got on the computer and pulled up the Pottery Barn website.  I couldn't find the asparagus dish on the site, but I did find one on eBay that said it came from Pottery Barn - bingo.  I can drive to Gaffney tomorrow night (that's probably where it came from) and see if I can exchange it for something that would be of some use.

I had noticed throughout the day that a troublesome sore throat was getting worse, so I decided to turn in early tonight.  As soon as the darks went in the dryer I went to bed.  After a bit of text messaging with Andy (a guy from outside Atlanta) and Chuck, I went to sleep sleep. 

No comments: