Monday, December 15, 2008

Lunch with Fran*

One of my reps was here from the mid-west today. I haven't seen her since we started doing business together, but we talk on the phone all the time. Fran is from this area, but moved away. After hearing about what she went through when she got home, I understand why. She was combining a visit to her family with some client calls in the area. Despite it all though, she is a terrifically positive and wonderful person, and it was really good to spend some time with her.

We went out for a lovely lunch at Saffron, and then did a bit of shopping before coming back to the office. After a brief tour of the newly-expanded facility, I got a conference room and we caught up on what was going on.

All in all, it was a very pleasant way to spend a Monday.

When I got off work, I went by to pick up one of the two gifts I had left to buy. Since there was residual moisture on the roads from rain at lunch-time, traffic was all snarled up, complicated by holiday shopping traffic, but I managed to get home without really horrible trouble.

I was supposed to be out with Fran for dinner tonight, but her schedule changed. Actually that really suited me fine, since I had something to do every night this week except for tomorrow. I'm going to work on carving out more time at the house this week. But in the meantime, there is lots of laundry to do.

No comments: