Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Healing this world through this blog

Well not quite, but at least getting the word out about poor children at Christmas. Two friends have pulled up the Country Santa website and given money!! Yay! That makes me feel wonderful.

I needed the lift. It has been a gray and yuckky day outside. But we really do need the rain. It is so dry here. Plus as an added bonus its washing the bird boop off my car. Apparently some migrating birds overnighted under my carport recently, and took a laxative before they went to bed.

I had lunch out with my rep from Atlanta today. He is a nice enough guy, and he really does try. Unfortunately, he tries too hard, and is really is kind of a blow-hard sometimes. I made him take me out for Japanese today. I usually let him off the hook and we go have Italian (he's not an exotic eater, although he is Jewish, and sometimes I surprise him with my very small smattering of knowledege about kosher/Jewish cooking). I was really mean one time and made him go eat Korean with me, but that was only the once.

Since I'm the client, he pretty much has to go where I want. I do order for him at the Japanese place, though, and get him a fork. He gets a Teriyaki chicken Bento box, which Lordamercy should be vanilla enough for just about anyone. So I had a divoon sushi lunch, but I had to listen to this endless story about a trip he took where he was marooned by a cancelled flight and ended up sleeping in a rental car with a woman he met at the airport (perfectly innocently, as well). That would have been fine, but it took at least 20 minutes for him to tell this story. He seems to have a problem wrapping things up, and has a great love for inane detail (you're probably thinking "pot, meet kettle" about now LOL). He's hard to talk to as well, since he's hard of hearing. But as I say, he's a nice enough guy, underneath, and I can appreciate someone whose heart is in the right place. At least I can appreciate them every third month or so. When they buy me a free meal. (How mercenary I sound!)

Today was fairly quiet work-wise, surprisingly, since it was our first QEM (Quarter End Meeting, for those of you who don't speak inane corporate acronym) here. Usually they are in our corporate headquarters in California. I was a bit worried about the outrageous reporting demands a group of disgruntled, jet-lagged executives might dream up for me to fulfill (they love to play "what if..."); but apparently a Christmas Miracle has occured and All Is Calm. My boss has been busy today dealing with the Big Fish, so this little minnow just did his regular work. I also cleaned out my email, which I had been really dreading. But its always so nice after I'm finished.

No comments: