Friday, December 5, 2008

Another long day

Work just keeps on not easing off despite expectations. After doing a synopsis of the mediation, my boss wanted to play "magic imaginary slides" with the presentation, which I'm pretty sure was due today. After I killed myself all morning getting them done and to him, he didn't even review them today. He says we'll send it out Monday. There are two more reports he wants me to do. One to take over for him, and another new one that will be a cluster fuck adventure, since no one has ever done it before. We have three audits going on simultaneously at the moment (the finance company, the bank, and PwC - who audits our financial statements for full disclosure, as required by Sarbanes-Oxley for any publicly traded company). Between three sets of rabid auditors, plus my regular work, I may well be insane and in a nice, quiet padded room by Christmas. I can't decide which is worse, to do all the audits at once and have a concentrated period of hell and then a break, or to spread them out so that you are tortured all the time. Neither option sounds particularly appealing.

After work I went by Total Wine to get some of that lovely Pinot Noir from the other night (Wither Hills), and they didn't have any. Dammit. The sales girl was very helpful though, and suggested another. I bought a bottle, since it was only $10. Most of their people are really nice, but that store is seriously letting me down of late. I really miss TZ's. That was a great wine store.

Anyway, since I was supposed to be Christmas shopping, I stopped and got Billy's present, and then ran by Stein Mart to get my present for the dirty Santa party at Donnie's on the 13th. Feeling well-pleased with myself, I rewarded myself with insane amounts of food at the Chinese buffet. Ugh.

In other news, Frankie, my lovely and kind ballerina next door, gave me two tickets for The Nutcracker matinee on Sunday (which she is dancing in). I'm going with Nancy, a lovely girl I work with. She has been nice to me since I first started working in this job, and she will be good company. Also, she has never seen The Nutcracker before, and I'm incredibly tickled for her that she'll see it for the first time live.

I tried to call Anna today from work to invite her, but she went home sick today. When she called me back tonight, she sounded really croupy. I was sorry not to give her the ticket, but she still invited me to go with her to see KD LANG next year - woo hoo!! I am majorly stoked about that.

The party at Lady Beth's is tomorrow night, and that should be nice. I do need to spend tomorrow going through my kindred stuff. I haven't had time to read over it, and I should at least be conversant, since this is the first time I will see them all since I have been offered the opportunity to pledge.

It should be a fun weekend though :)

No comments: