Friday, December 26, 2008

Aftermath, a pleasant afternoon**

When I cracked an eye this morning, it was 8am. I just never sleep that late. I was still kind of hung over and drug out, but I had to get the cats to the vet at 10am, so I went ahead and got up.

I played on line for a bit, brushed my teeth, and then got down the carriers and trapped the cats. I was going to get Jinx first, since she's the roadrunner, but she knows what the carriers are, and took off as soon as she saw me. I managed to get her rounded up without too much trouble. Crooner is really too fat to run, plus he's a bit slow on the uptake, so grabbing him wasn't hard. Getting him in the box is the problem, but I had everything laid out, and he was pretty much in before he fully realized what was going on.

I got them their shots, and found to my relief that Crooner doesn't have to have a hernia operation. He's apparently just lop-sided. Which is fine with me. But his teeth are bad, which is why he has nasty breath, so I'm going to have to take him in to have some stuff done on his mouth. Still, cheaper than I was afraid it would be.

When I got home, I had an email waiting from a couple of buddies who wanted to see me yesterday, but I just didn't end up with the time to get over there. They are a really nice couple, both cute guys, and I really like both of them. Fortunately, they were free today, so I went over and just kind of spent the afternoon. We watched movies, got some pizza, and had a really great, very intimate, visit. It was lovely.

I left there and went by the grocery store, since I have a Pat's Faboo Holiday Cheese Ball to make for the bear party tomorrow, and it has to sit overnight.

I left the cheese out to warm up (the cream cheese has to soften in order to assemble), and went out for Thai with Russ, Billy, and Ben. By this time I was dragging. It had been another long and lovely day, but I was worn out. Chip, a really sweet guy I know from Columbia, called and we caught up on the way home. His cat is apparently in poor health, unfortunately, and he told me about that.

I came home, assembled the body of the cheese ball, cleaned up the kitchen (the worst part of making it), and went to bed. I need to rest up. Robert comes tomorrow, which will require some cleaning up, and the bear party is tomorrow night. I need to dry out a bit and be rested up and refreshed for that.

2 comments:

Rhen said...

Jinx and Crooner are both lovely cats, Steve. I'm so glad I got to meet them.

thefabulousmrthing said...

They were thrilled to meet you too. That's why you got the lovely parting gift of a pound of cat hair.

Jinx says she is spoiled now, and doesn't like having to sleep on the plain ole bed, btw.