Monday, September 21, 2009

A post in which it is Monday*

I haven’t been to work the last two Mondays, and I was none too happy about going in for this one. But duty calls.

I did find out when I came in that my boss was off today, which is usually kind of like a mini-vacation for me. I didn’t have anything horribly pressing to do. I was fairly naughty and idle today, after getting the bare minimum done.

I also found out today when I bit in to one of the "Ginger Gold" apples I bought yesterday that they are actually nothing of the kind. Plain ole run of the mill white cooking apples. Serviceable enough, but not anything to get excited about.

I was asked to host a LOCK Discussion Munch this Sunday! That hasn't happened before. The woman who was doing it cancelled due to conflicting plans, and Russ and Billy are out of town this weekend. So I'm kind of like third choice, but I'm still pretty excited about it. I got to choose my own topic. I decided on "Laying down baggage from your old life" on the spur of the moment. Now I only have to find out where the meeting is this month, LOL...

I brought gym clothes today, but didn’t make it into the gym. It’s been over a month now. It’s time to get back on that horse, but I didn’t make it today. I had a buddy call wanting to come over after work, so I used that as my excuse du jour.

After he left I went to the grocery store since I was too lazy to go yesterday. I got groceries and picked up a frozen pizza as a treat for being so industrious – eventually. I baked some sweet potatoes for lunches this week and watched the Family Guy marathon while playing computer games. At some point I have to do something about this house. But not today.

No comments: