Thursday, September 3, 2009

A post in which I get invited places

I’m encouraged today. My insomnia is back, so I must be feeling better.

I didn’t feel so drug out this morning either. I had to have some coffee and smokes after being up in the night, but I feel more like myself.

I had an appointment to get my back cracked today, but it was cancelled because my masseuse is sick. But I get to go in tomorrow. I need that before I go to Atlanta – I need to be able to move!

Russ called and invited me to their house Saturday night. Rod, Mikah, and Joanne are going to be in town. That will be fun, and I’m looking forward to seeing them. That’s what it’s all about right now – stuff to look forward to. I have a lot of that right now though. I have a 3-day weekend for Labor Day coming up, then I work two days and I’m off for five with Mom in Atlanta. That will be a fun trip. I started looking into stuff today.

Unfortunately that also means that I won’t be able to start exercising again until the 15th. But I haven’t gained significant weight back, according to the doctor’s office last week. Of course, that was before spending a week with Mom. I always eat like a pig when we’re together. But what the hell, it’s only once a year.

When I got home I decided I had to mow my disgrace of a lawn. But once I did I had the best-looking yard on the block automatically - one of the benefits of living on the Mill Hill. I was glad I felt good enough to do it, but by the time I got done I was wiped. It had to be done before Mother got here, and before we left on the trip, but I didn’t want to have to fool with it on Labor Day weekend, so it was good to get that out of the way.

Justin emailed me tonight and invited me to a dinner at James and Jeff’s on Sunday, and I know that will be fun. I’ll have to clean up some before Mother comes, so that will fill up the 3-day weekend nicely. Tuesday I have a haircut and then dinner with Dick and Eve. Wednesday is my birthday and Mother arrives. Thursday we leave for Atlanta, and we don’t come back until the 14th. So next week will be busy, but full of good stuff. I’m happy about that.

No comments: