Saturday, April 9, 2011

A post in which it is a busy Saturday

I had a quite ambitious day planned today, but I didn’t exactly get a running start at it. Since I was up so late last night I was still in my jammies when Justin got to the house to view the new living room color and help hang pictures. First, though, we had tea and ate the bagels he brought. It was good to see Justin, it’s been a while. We have a lot of interests in common, and whenever I see him we fall right back in together as if we had just seen each other the day before.

I moved some of the pictures in the living room around, and took still more out. This is the second time I have decreased the amount of pictures in there, and I like it. The less stuff I have in my little house, the larger it seems. I’m trying out a new motto in my head: ‘Less is freedom.' It feels right, but it’s easier to proclaim than to put into practice, particularly for a collector.

With the pictures hung, Jeff and James dropped by to make pictures for their website for the new business. We made plans for lunch, and met at Corona’s on Wade Hampton. Although this was the site of the lousy nachos last week, I got a different kind today and they were much better.

After lunch Justin and I split off to do some antiquing, because that’s what we do. We did a mini-run to Greer and looked around a bit but didn’t buy much. I did fall in love with an $1100 linen press, but didn’t buy it, despite Justin’s encouragement. It is a lovely thing, but I have spent a lot of money this spring.

I was pretty horrified to realize while we were out that I had completely forgotten to go and get a chair I was supposed to pick up from Rhonda's ex Sabrina today. Rhonda moved away but couldn't take it and offered it to me. I don't really have a place for it, but agreed to take it because it is such a great chair. There was nothing to do but apologize profusely to Sabrina. She was nice about it.

When Justin left to go home I braced myself for another Saturday night alone. I had just seen Miss Kat and dana last night, and Russ and Billy had plans. But I had plenty to do at the house. Shortly after I got home though, Russ got in touch to say that they had decided to stay home after all. He invited Miss Kat, dana, and me over.

We all went and sat on his lovely deck for a while. I discussed the linen press thing with Billy, who helped me to realize that it would be insane to spend that much money on a piece of furniture to put shoes in. Hello.

We headed out to dinner at Stax Omega. Unfortunately they have cut their menu back severely and didn’t have what I wanted, but of course it wasn’t a problem for me to find something to eat. We just went back to the house and hung out until it was time to turn in. It was a nice, laid back visit, and I really enjoyed it. It was good to see Russ and Billy. It’s hard to catch up with them.

No comments: