Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A post in which I have supper with the folks

Today was better. Not massively better – I still had to work – but I got through it with only the usual number of murderous impulses, instead of the usual tenfold.

I had supper out with Dick and Eve tonight, as is pretty usual for Tuesdays. We went to Don Pablo’s, a place I’ve never particularly cared for, but I’ve been a couple of times lately and it’s OK. The other alternative was a place near their house that is incredibly noisy inside. Ugh. I understand the restaurant trend to concrete floors. They’re durable, easy to clean, etc, but for God’s sake put a rug down, or a plant, or something to muffle the noise. It’s like eating in a freakin airport or something OK?

We went back to the house after supper and I visited for a while. I told them about my living room. They really love stories where I end up looking silly, so they enjoyed that.

It was a nice evening.

No comments: