Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A post in which I have Nicole over

I finally got in touch with Lisa today about this weekend. We had planned this coming one as a visit weekend for me to visit her, but then her schedule filled, and I realized I had the Hat Party this Sunday. I haven’t had time to make any hat, so I’ll be wearing a baseball cap and a sheepish grin I suppose.

Since Cole’s team has a game up here this weekend, they’ll be up Saturday and I’ll join them there. Then there is a bear dinner Saturday night, and the Hat Party on Sunday. Another crazy busy weekend coming up. I also didn’t take the day off on Monday, so I’ll be in Monday morning drug out like a dirty rug. Since I took this past Monday off I guess it’s just as well I don’t have another one scheduled.

I hadn’t seen Nicole in a while, so I sent her a text on a lark today. She called me a couple of times last month, but things were so insane that I couldn’t find any time to do anything. Wednesday now is really my only free evening during the week. I don’t have things scheduled on Monday, but usually I’m either so exhausted I collapse when I get in from work, or (as this past Monday) making up for chores I didn’t do over the weekend because I was playing.

Unfortunately Nicole had to put one of her cats to sleep today, but she wanted to come over anyway. I can understand wanting to get out of the house after that. We worked it out and she got to the house about 8. I spent the time waiting surfing the web searching for Eve’s birthday present. She has let it be known (in her own inimitable fashion) that she wants a fancy birdhouse for her new flower bed. I know the kind she wants. Unfortunately the sell for about a hundred bucks, and I’m not going to plunk that down for a birdhouse. I’m going to consult with Dad.

Nicole admired the new living room, and we ate pizza and caught up on each other’s lives and relevant gossip. It was really good to see her.

No comments: