Monday, April 4, 2011

A post in which I re-load the room

It was a nerve-shredding day. Not only was it month-end, but there are apparently gremlins in the works in the area where I sit now, and they were having a field day today. Of course, just when I am the busiest. The up-side of having 8,000,000 simultaneous reports due is that if the system for one is screwing up, you can just move to another. Additionally, since I had all those new clients last week, there were a slew of phone calls to make.

The painting was completed about 2pm. James sent me a text before they left.

Despite the rotten day I was excited to get home, even though I had to clean. When I walked in, I put my stuff down and just stood for a moment savoring how gorgeous and different it looked. I swept and mopped the living room floor, put the blinds back up, and brought the furniture back in. Later on I turned the lamps on.

This was my beautiful perfect color, which I had spent an inordinate amount of time deciding on, and then gone to get a paint chip to live with for a year (well.. not really on purpose for that long) to make sure it was perfect. This was the perfect shade between melon and terra cotta. And in the lamplight, it was screaming, Crayola Clemson orange. I swear I heard “Hold That Tiger” in my head. The walls almost seemed to glow. I could hear a low throbbing sound, as if the color was pulsating slowly. I turned on the TV and tried to talk myself down a bit. I really love it in the daytime. I wanted something dramatically different, and this is. It will be better when all my pictures are back up.

I’ll get used to it. I think it will be fine when I get the pictures back up. I’ve been advised not to do so for a week to allow the paint to cure a bit. Can’t have vapor-lock.

No comments: