Saturday, March 19, 2011

A post in which it is the bear dinner

I was pretty laaaaazy today. I had intended to get up, re-claim that last room from the wiring, do laundry, and general act like a super-hero, but it didn’t happen. I mostly slept. I’ve been feeling pretty run down for the last week or so. I’m afraid the Epstein-Barr is acting up again.

The bear dinner was Saturday night, and I was looking forward to it. Brian was coming, and I like him. Also there was the possibility that Scott might be coming down from Asheville – and possibly I got the impression that he might be coming down to see me.

We went to The Olympian, which has been a great restaurant here for years. I used to eat there a lot more than I do now, partly because their chicken Yianni is one of the best things I have eaten in my life. It was a great temptation when I first went veg. The sauce is the best part, and only has a little chicken broth in it, but I hate going in and making a big production out of ordering something special, so I very rarely eat it any more. No one got it tonight, despite my enthusiastic endorsement. Dammit.

Scott did come to the dinner. He was nice. And he wasn’t with the guy he had been with at the dinner the week before. Turns out he and that guy are just buds. I hope. Well that’s what he said anyway. You never really know at first, ya know?

We went back to the house for drinks and hanging out after supper. It was just the four of us, so it was pretty cozy. Russ wanted to use his new deck so badly, and it is so pretty, but it was so cold we didn’t end up spending much time out there. Of course we have the whole summer long before us, and hopefully many more.

I was a very good boy, kissed Scott, and went home rather to Russ’s surprise. He just seemed to assume that I would be staying over, and of course I wanted to. But it’s so hard at first for me now. I’m a lot less confident in some ways than I used to be.

No comments: