Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A post in which I do a bit of correspondence

I nailed my broccoli. It was delicious. I'm so glad I was able to re-create that. I can't always.

Emailing the Kindred really cleared my thoughts about the Granny situation. I feel like I've wimped out on Mom. Lori sent me an email about it too. I got in touch with Mom today and set up to go with her the next Wilkesboro weekend. It's the right thing to do, and I feel a bit better about that situation. Granny had kind of said her goodbye to me the last time I went up, but bless her she's just hanging on in misery. I hate this for her, and I hate what it's doing to Mom and my aunts.

After work tonight I didn’t feel quite like going straight home. The housework that needs doing reproaches me at the house right now, and I’m usually too wiped out at the end of the day to do any housework when I get home.

I went to Wal-Mart instead – yuck. I rarely do that, but I had a specific reason for going today. So I went and got that done, and then headed home for stage 2 of the plan.

I talked to Terry today for the first time since Christmas. He’s passed boards, rented a house, and makes every appearance of settling down for a bit, which would be nice for those of us who like to see him sometimes. I told him about the girl who came to the house looking for him while I was sick. He’s going to call her. He also has talked to Stacy, a friend from a long time ago, with whom I’ve lost touch. He wants us all to get together for supper on Friday night. I agreed. I called dana and explained that I wouldn’t see them Friday. I’m looking forward to seeing Stacy. It’s been a long time.

I missed four birthdays of people I care about during mid-February to early March. That was when the wiring thing was going on, but it wasn’t like I couldn’t have sent a card or something. I was actually feeling pretty guilt-ridden about it, so instead of continuing to whine (always a seductive option) I decided to do something about it. I picked up cards and a special ‘thank you’ gift for Helen. She made veggie meals for me the whole two weeks I stayed with Miss Kat and dana, and although she was grudging about doing it (“I’m not a damn vegetarian, I’m an omnivore. I can’t cook this shit.” she informed me one evening) I know she did it because she likes me. dana told me she hadn’t cooked that much in months before I came to stay. She’s a curmudgeonly old thing, but she has a heart of gold. She apparently just lives in fear that someone will find that out.

Anyway, I got home and caught up on correspondence. I even did a small load of laundry for good measure. The green room is the last one not yet cleaned post-wiring. I’m doing tiny bits at a time, but that’s better than nothing right? That’s what I’m telling myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back!

thefabulousmrthing said...

Well thanks. It's good to be back.