Sunday, March 13, 2011

A post in which I make the kitchen safe for democracy

Today I planned, first and foremost, to scrub my nasty kitchen floor. But getting motivated was a different story. I felt kinda drug out and lazy. I made some breakfast and lay down for a nap that it soon became apparent wasn’t happening. Then I realized the time had changed last night and I had lost an hour. That finally motivated me to haul my carcass off the couch.

I did get the floor scrubbed, and hooray for me. There’s still more that needs doing. The green room hasn’t yet been made safe for democracy. But I felt much better once the kitchen floor was at long last clean. It was a gorgeous spring day, and I opened the windows while I cleaned to start the house airing out.

I was just trying to decide if I had time to do more work when I had a call from Amanda. She, Jeff, and James had finished with painting chores and were getting cleaned up to head to Russ and Billy’s house. So that answered that question.

We grilled out tonight. The food was gorgeous except for the fingerling potatoes I burned. I was in charge of grilling them, but sat down to have a smoke and forgot about them. Oh well, it happens. I don’t have a lot of grilling experience either.

It was good to see everyone and spend some time together. Corbin was there, but Morgan and Andrew were not. I wore shorts for the first time this year today. It wasn’t quite warm enough for them in the evening, but I couldn’t wait any longer.

I stayed too late at Russ and Billy's, as usual.

No comments: