Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A post in which I do some catching up

Dick and Eve are still in New Orleans, unexpectedly. Although Dad hates The Big Easy, there was apparently some kind of saint celebration the Catholic Church was doing, and he wanted to go to that. I’m glad they’re getting away for a bit and that they’re both well enough to go right now.

That left me with a Tuesday evening free, which I feel I put to good use. I sent out a long-overdue update email to the Kindred. I’m supposed to send one once a month, but I haven’t done one since my induction ceremony. Bad, naughty, wicked Steve. It was good to get that done.

We’re also pregnant. Marty and Petal have finally started their pledge. They’ve known everyone in the group longer than I have, and indeed when I sent my petition I mentioned them because I thought they were members. I was quite surprised when I was told otherwise. At any rate, this is long overdue, and I’m glad they have finally reached out for official status. I remember the lovely welcome email that Lynn sent me when I joined, and wanted to make Marty and Petal feel just as welcome, so I sent them my own little welcome tonight.

Almost too late, I remembered that I hadn’t cooked my veggies to take for lunch the rest of the week. I concocted a lovely potato/broccoli soup flavored with shaved garlic, lemon, and pepper when I was sick. I was wondering if I could replicate the flavor combo, so I gave it a shot tonight.

It felt good to get some things done that long needed doing.

No comments: