Monday, January 10, 2011

A post in which there is much snow

When I woke up this morning there was a LOT of snow on the ground. I couldn't stay in the house though, as is my usual policy during snow or ice. I left the car window down a bit last night. It was still snowing - light blowy snow that really didn't fall straight down. I had to go out and close the window. I figured snow was getting in, and I was right. I trudged through the ankle-deep white stuff and closed it.

On the one hand I had a vacation day scheduled so I didn't have to worry about calling in, but on the other hand it seemed like a big waste of a vacation day. I had also scheduled for dana to come help me pick up the recliner that Dad gave me. Obviously that wasn't going to happen.

I had broccoli in the freezer that I bought to make soup, so I put that in the crock pot to get working. I also had a bunch of laundry that had built up again, so I did wash.

It was a quiet day of daytime television. After all that has happened, it was kind of nice to spend some quiet time at the house. Everyone called to check on me, which was also sweet. Russ asked me to come over. That Russ. Of course it would have been great to get snowed in at their house, but since I was already snowed in at my house that kind of ruined that plan.

No comments: