Thursday, October 25, 2007

Well I went to the Bear Dinner last night for SCBears. I have to admit, I didn't really feel like going. The main reason I went is because my sweet friend Justin was the host last night. We have rotating "hosts" who set up the dinner nights, coordinate the reservations, count the RSVP's, etc. That keeps one person from having to do it all the time. This also makes sure that no one person is "responsible" every time, so the griping is more evenly disbursed.

Did you ever notice that the people in a group who do the least work will often times gripe the most when they don't like something? It seems to hold true in any group.

Anyway, when I got there I had a good time. I just felt like I had to drag myself out of the house to go. I'm in a bit of a quandry at the mo. I feel like I spend too much time alone. But I also don't feel like I can be out and be fun to be around for my friends. I don't want to be a drag, or be the Eeyore of the get-together. So by default, I'm staying home a good bit lately.

But I saw my friends, and had a piece of delicious (albeit horrendously over-priced) salmon, and actually felt like myself and was able to be sociable for a while. I think it was better for me than staying at home again, hunched over the computer fussing at the cats. It did me good to get out.

No comments: